The Sony PMW-F55 is a camera engineered with cinematographers needs in mind for today and tomorrow, with planned firmware updates with more frame rates, more operating features and more recording options in the months and years to come.
The new Sony DSP gives you many recording options. The camera records to SXS cards internally at 50 Mbps 4:2:2 8-bit, records to the Sony HDCAM SR (SStP) format at 220 Mbps 4:2:2, with plans for 440 Mbps 4:4:4 compression coming sometimes after release. Additionally, the camera can record to the new XAVC codec, which offers intra-frame 100Mbps 4:2:2 10-bit performance. The F5 can record internally up to 60fps in XAVC HD or 2K, and up to 120fps with the planned update.
Sony has simplified the interface and made the menus no more than three layers deep. The operator?s side has an LCD screen, which displays the basic camera settings including frame rate, shutter speed, color temperature, ISO sensitivity and gamma. On the side of the camera you?ll also find assignable buttons, and a large jog wheel for moving though the menus.
- 8.9MP Super 35mm CMOS Image Sensor
- Internal 4K/2K/HD Recording, records to SxS Pro+ Media Cards
- Optional 4K/2K RAW Recorder
- Up 240 fps 2K with Optional AXS-R5
- Highly Modular Design ? optional shoulder rig available
- Native FZ-Mount and PL-Mount Adapter (included)
- Built-in ND filters
- Uses External Sony Viewfinders
- Works with Sony?s BP-FL75 battery pack... Lithium Iron Phosphate... and other battery systems.